[Samba] Problem mounting a shared windows folder in linux

Satinder Pal Singh satinpal06 at yahoo.co.in
Mon Mar 28 12:02:24 GMT 2005

Hello all,

I am new to this mailing group.. I work on fedora core
2 .. I was trying to mount a shared windows folder in
my linux box.. I first accessed the folder through
konqueror  and after providing the username and
password i was able to check the files in the folder..

Then i tried to mount the folder using the command

mount -t smbfs -o username=XYZ,password=ABC
//NTCOMP/sharedfolder /mnt/shared/

It gave me an error:

cli_negprot: SMB signing is mandatory and we have
disabled it.
4504: protocol negotiation failed
SMB connection failed

Could someone guide me in this matter..