[Samba] Re: No vscan HOWTOs?

Karl Banasky kbanasky at heatcon.com
Mon Mar 28 03:54:29 GMT 2005

I have been installing it on my Centos 4 box.  Got it working on a
quarentine bases. That way I can see if it is working correctly. There
are some test Virus sites available to download a test virus to your
share and see what happens.  Might be dangerous but useful.  I worked
from src.rpms for all of it except samba-vscan.
My issues were:
1) Not having the Samba source (configured and make); Solved it by
"rpmbuild -bc samba-src.rpm"(Source showed in the BUILD directory.
2) Not having the socket configured correctly in the "clamd.conf" and
the "vscan-clamav.conf"; Solved it by enabling it in the "clamd.conf"
file and verified same location in the "vscan-clamav.conf" file
3) Build issues with clamav-.src.rpm; solved by yum'ing in
sendmail-devel and sendmail-cf

Other then that it was straight forward.