[Samba] Re: pppd 2.4.3 winbind auth domain name included in the windows vpn client settings

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Mar 27 11:36:38 GMT 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-26 at 13:30 +0100, Robert Schetterer wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
> i ve had succes with using auth for pppd to winbind to my ldap smb pdc
> 3.13.

> ~ NTLM CRAP authentication for user [ROB]\[Administrator] returned
> NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER (PAM: 10)
>
> the real name of the domain is ROBO

The issue is that the base64 code in that patch is suspect.  I tried to
modify the code to use the base64 code already in the ppp code, but it
just made my head spin (see eap.c).

To be honest, I've let this slide - it seems to happen to 'some people',
clearly it's length-based, but I wonder if it's something else too.  In
any case, replace the base64 code with 'known good' code and it should
be OK...

Feel free to file bugs with the ppp maintainer too, as thats where we
have to get the patches to in the end.

Andrew Bartlett