[Samba] Winbind can't resolve.

Meli Marco Marco.Meli at gknsintermetals.com
Sat Mar 26 10:56:47 GMT 2005

Hi,
I have relocate my samba domain member print-server (cups) from NT4 to ADS
following my requirements:
Red Hat 9.
Samba SerNet 3.0.7.
Kerberos 1.2.7-10.
After do it begins the problems sometimes my account can't have access to
the shares or they can't access to the printers someone can access to the
printer but someothers cant'.
It's probably winbind fail to resolve the correct identity because I have a
lot of users and groups in ADS?
So I have to restart smb daemon and it works again for a period and after it
breaks down again but I repeat it's not the same for all users.
	[global]
        netbios name = NAME
        os level = 16
        wins server = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
        socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY SO_KEEPALIVE
        unix charset = LOCALE
        workgroup = WORKGROUP
        realm = REALM.COM
        security = ADS
        password server = password.server
        encrypt passwords = yes
#       auth methods = guest sam_ignoredomain winbind:ntdomain
        allow trusted domains = Yes
        winbind use default domain = No
        winbind separator = /
        winbind enum users = Yes
        winbind enum groups = Yes
#       winbind enable local accounts = Yes
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        hide unreadable = Yes
        template homedir = /data/user/%U