[Samba] NT4 to ADS via Winbind.

Meli Marco Marco.Meli at gknsintermetals.com
Sat Mar 26 10:18:05 GMT 2005

Hi,
I have to relocate my samba domain member file-server (RH9,Samba from Sernet
3.0.7,Kerberos 1.2.7-10) from NT4 to ADS.
Actually I use winbind to link to NT4 PDC and I use winbindd_cache.tdb and
winbindd_idmap.tdb as Idmap backend, so I'm afraid to do this task because I
have already try to relocate another print server and I have noticed that it
have changed the identity resolution for all users and groups getting from
domain.
I don't know why ... Probably now I get identity resolution mappings from a
different account database (NT4 before and ADS after)?Doesn't matter for the
print server and these few folder that I have remmaped again, but this task
on the file-server is very critical and I can't loose the correct
resolution.
Have you an idea how can I do the relocation in a safety manner?
(I don't have changed the uid and gid range in smb.conf)
Thanks.
Marco.