[Samba] Domain Authentication Problem

Tom Naves tom.naves at orthodyne.com
Sat Mar 26 00:59:28 GMT 2005

I am trying to join an NT domain as a member server using Samba-3 on Redhat
Enterprise Server 4ES-2.  I am useing the same smb.conf that worked on
Fedora with Samba-3.  I join the NT domain and I can do this:

wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g and get the list of users and groups.  But when I
try getent passwd I get nothing.

I cannot get Samba 3.0.10-1.4E on a Redhat Enterprise Server 4 server to
join an NT domain and authenticate users from the domain.

I join the NT domain and I can do this:

wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g and get the list of users and groups.  But when I
try getent passwd I get nothing.

I can however accomplish this using Samba 3.0.8-0.pre1.3 running on a Redhat
Fedora server.

Has anyone ever succeded with Samba 3.0.10-1.4E on a Redhat Enterprise
Server 4 server ?  If so, what was the trick?

Tom Naves
System Administrator
Orthodyne Electronics