[Samba] Can a Samba server join multiple NT domain?

Emmanuel Willems ew at senate.be
Thu Mar 24 15:46:52 GMT 2005

A single Samba set-up can be part of two domains, but it is possible to have to samba instances on the same server under certain circumstances (dual ip addresses, compile each samba separately, etc.).
I have a set-up where a Linux box is part of NT4 domain and of Win2K3 ADS domain. works like a charm.

The only problem is libnss_winbind . Can't have two of those unless changing at least some part of the source code and I'm still looking for help on that one. Anybody?

Emmanuel

--

Emmanuel Willems

+----------------------+-------------------+----------------------+
| Ingénieur-système    | Systeem ingenieur | System engineer      |
| Sénat de Belgique    | Belgische Senaat  | Belgian Senate       |
| Place de la Nation 1 | Natieplein 1      | Place de la Nation 1 |
| 1009 Bruxelles       | 1009 Brussel      | 1009 Brussels        |
|                      |                   | Belgium              |
| e-mail: ew at senate.be                                            |
| tel: +32 (2) 501.72.39                                          |
| fax: +32 (2) 514.06.85                                          |