[Samba] Upgrade 3.0.11 to 3.0.12 serious issues

Bolke de Bruin bdbruin at aub.nl
Wed Mar 23 18:52:04 GMT 2005

Peter,

As far as I can deduct now (I am not in a position to test it now as I
needed to downgrade quickly in production - I dont have the luxury of a
test environment yet :-( ). You could test if the following works/does
not work:

- Create a directory within a share, which has normal unix permissions
of 755.
- Add acl's which allow additional groups to write to this directory

Now as user which is different than the owner of the directory but is a
member of one of the acl-added groups try to create a file in that dir.
If the bug occurs than you should not be able to do this.

Regards,

Bolke