[Samba] Configuring samba share to be controlled by Active Directory

Brian Hadsock maillist at githosting.com
Wed Mar 23 18:33:08 GMT 2005

Hello,
I have a Linux box with RedHat 3 ES and Samba 3.0.9.  Is it possible (and if so how) to configure a share that can be managed by Active Directory from the Windows 2003 servers?  I have Samba and Kerberos installed and I was successful authenticating with Kerberos to the Win2K3 machine via kinit.  I was also successful in having the Linux box join the domain via the net command and the Linux machine shows up in the Active Directory computers list.

I can also see a test share I created when I browse the domain from a windows machine, I am just not able to access it.

The problem I have now, is how to configure the share so that it uses the Active Directory users and groups.

Thanks for any assistance,

Brian