[Samba] make_server_info_info3: pdb_init_sam failed!

Willem Jaap Zwart W.J.Zwart at NescioLudens.nl
Wed Mar 23 17:36:49 GMT 2005

Hi

We ran into exactly the same problem (although the AD is from W2K),
but didn't find a solution yet.
I've increased the logging from Samba to pinpoint the problem and it
appears that the AD simply does not reply to a request to authenticate
the Domain Admin. We are now working on the diagnostic output of the
Directory Service on the Micro$oft server to see what's happening over
there (ref to
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314980&sd=tech)
.

Not much of a help yet, so anyone who has some ideas or pointers??

Willem Jaap
Benoit Panizzon said:
> Next strange problem...
>
> W2k3 ADS.
> Sambe as ADS Member.
>
> pam_krb5
> nss_ldap
> winbindd
>
> all seam to working correctls.
>
> Windows Users can access the shares on the Samba Server and can
login
> using
> pam.
> smbclient works for all users... except from the Domain
Administrator.

> smbclient //server/user -U user => is fine....
>
> smbclient //server/Administrator -U Administrator
>
> [2005/03/23 17:33:30, 0]
auth/auth_util.c:make_server_info_info3(1134)
>   make_server_info_info3: pdb_init_sam failed!
>
> From a Windows Client the Domain Admin can connect
> \\server\Administrator
> without troubles.
>
> So what could be wrong?
> --
> Benoît Panizzon, <bp at imp.ch>
ImproWare AG, UNIXSP & ISP                     Phone: +41 61 826 93
00