[Samba] Upgrade 3.0.11 to 3.0.12 serious issues

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Wed Mar 23 14:20:38 GMT 2005

Bolke de Bruin:

> Linux Samba 3.0.12 + acl (ext3)
> ===============================
>

> When upgrading from 3.0.11 to 3.0.12 ACL's do not seem get used anymore.
> We are using the inherit acls options for both maps and files. After the
> upgrade users are unable to create new files in directories where they used
> to have privileges for. The error returned is: "The file already exists.
> Do you want to overwrite" when clicking yes an access denied
> error is displayed. Note the file did *not* exist.

This is your experience on your OS. Apparently others aren't experiencing
the same difficulties.

What OS distro/vendor and version are you running=

IMHO you should wait for 3.0.13 (due out tomorrow?), anyway. I'll be
upgrading this RHAS3 rig from 3.0.12 to 3.0.13 next week, probably, so I'm
interested in your results ;)

--Tonni

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl