[Samba] ACLS and samba

Adrian Chow achow at uwcsea.edu.sg
Wed Mar 23 16:06:56 GMT 2005

HI,

I guess this question have been asked before:-

I am running 3.0.12 for samba with acls.

I have a samba share folder called abc with groups art able to write.  group:art:rwx

Whenever i write with a user from the art group to the folder, the group id of the file changes to the id of the user instead of remaining as art.

What do i need to configure so that art group stays as the group id for that file?

Thanks.

adrian
P/s:  What does "inherit permissions" in the smb.conf do?  Does it help?