[Samba] Re: Samba-LDAP TLS problems with inofficial Debian OpenLDAP 2.2 packages

Torsten Landschoff torsten at debian.org
Wed Mar 23 15:16:30 GMT 2005

Hi Paul,

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 03:29:22PM +0100, Paul Coray wrote:

> Sorry, as the Packages file at ftp://ftp.uni-marburg.de/linux/debian
> mentions your name as maintainer, I thought you made those, but I'm glad
> you are willing to deal with them anyway :-)

They are not making the problems anyway...

> >This is a known bug in the Debian packages. Have a look at
> >
> >    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=273620
> >
> >If you can reproduce it we might be able to track it down finally.
>
> Not so easy, as this happened only twice in the morning when the load
> from user authenticating, maybe also changing attributes (passwords) was
> high. Difficult to simulate this in a testing environment...

Nice. That's like in the bug reports :(

> Anyway, if you have those packages from the Debian openldap2 sources
> handy, I would gladly test them.

I just built them. I don't think it will help though. Looking at the
source I wonder why it doesn't fail consistently. So I have to ask you
another question: Are you using that SASL stuff? (I never used it...)
I could switch it off which would completely eliminate the errorneous
code path.

Greetings

	Torsten