[Samba] System error 1311

Peng Xiao Lan (FS) xlpeng at frontline.com.sg
Wed Mar 23 07:05:45 GMT 2005

 Dear Sir ,

After i upgraded the Samba from version 2 to version 3.0.11, I cannot  logon
to the server which samba is running. The error message displayed is below
when i issued the command 'net use * \\sspdv500.sp.edu.sg\courses' in
windows:
System error 1311 has occurred.
There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

 When we revert back to v2.0, it is fine. I am not sure what is wrong. I am
using the same smb.conf  as the last time in v2. I started  up two services
: smbd and nmbd as what we have done in V2. Very appreciate if you can reply
me ASAP.

Thanks very much

Best regards,

Xiaolan