[Samba] Samba LDAP replication weirdness...

Mccrory, Kevin B kevin.mccrory at eds.com
Wed Mar 23 02:35:31 GMT 2005

I have the PDC/BDC with a master slave LDAP directory set up and
operating.

One problem is that I've only been able to get the LDAP Master/Slave
replication working if I use Manager as the binddn for the replication.
I'm using the IDEALX smbldap tools. If I use another user I get a ERROR:
Insufficient access: no write access to entry error and a .rej file is
created.

Each entry shows modifiersName: cn=Manager,dc=mphqcops,dc=opmg,dc=local
for all the change entries. Isn't this supposed to match the binddn
entry from the slapd.conf file????

Kevin B. McCrory
Network Engineer - COPS
US Government Solutions