[Samba] HP DesignJet 5000ps and ntforms.tdb

Taylor, Marc mdtaylor at beckman.uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 22 23:16:41 GMT 2005

Hello All,

I have come across a problem that I am not sure where to begin:

We have an HP DesignJet 5000 PS 60 wide format printer that is part of
our public printing pool which we share out to the pc world via Samba.

I am using Samba 3.0.11 in RHAS Enterprise Linux, Update 3.

When I install the printer driver onto the server using the Windows APW,
and then install the printer on a fresh pc, I have noticed that the
forms associated with this printer do not show up locally or on the
Samba server.  I have also noted that nforms.tdb doesn't appear to
change.

Is there something I am missing here?  Has anyone else observed this?
The forms for this wide format printer are handy, particularly ArchE,
which is a common size to use for posters.

Any insight or tips are appreciated.

Thanks.

Marc Taylor