[Samba] ADS member.

Meli Marco Marco.Meli at gknsintermetals.com
Tue Mar 22 18:23:47 GMT 2005

I have follow an example in "samba-3 by example book", where it explain how
to relocate a samba server as ADS member domain, in a sentence it said to
delete all /var/lib/samba/*tdb files, so "winbindd_cache.tdb" and
"winbind_idmap.tdb" files but when I start the samba server again in ADS new
domain something's wrong. Because it is not able to map the same UID and GID
as before, I don't use any id_map backend but only retrive users and group
by winbind.
Fortunately I have made a backup copy of tdb files so I can copy them over.
How it doesn't work, it is normal?
Thanks a lot.
Marco.