[Samba] Home directory error

Misty Stanley-Jones misty at borkholder.com
Tue Mar 22 16:46:45 GMT 2005

I have one group of people in my domain whose home directories and profiles
are on a member server.  Their sambaHomePath and sambaProfilePath is
specified in LDAP.  One of these users gets prompted for his
username\password (which don't work) whenever he logs in.  I look in the
PDC's log and it looks like he's trying to connect to his home directory on
the PDC:

[2005/03/22 11:44:16, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection_snum(626)
  '/home/jon' does not exist or is not a directory, when connecting to [jon]

However he does get his correct home directory (from the member server) and it
works fine.

Any ideas what is going on?  I hope what I said makes sense -- it is a little
confusing.

Misty