[Samba] Samba server under a windows 2000 domain

Andrew andres at cedis.net
Tue Mar 22 11:57:05 GMT 2005

Hi, I´m using a suse 64 bits server with samba 3.0923.This server works into a windows 2000 server domain.The server has been added to the domain and works fine, I´ve the possibility to start the suse session using windows profiles.

In windows, when I click into network enviroment I can see the samba server and shared directories even a directory witch is called like the profile whitch working in windows in this moment.....fine fine...But my problem starts now.I can not open some directories or open them but can not write into.

I need to share 3 paths..:

1 read/write anyone
2 read/write but if their profiles can....the samba server has to know witch profiles are running and their privileges...

Is possible?

thnks..

frodus