[Samba] Re: Samba 2.2 vs. 3: Domain Member & Winbind quick question

Tyler Thueson tylernt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 16:27:06 GMT 2005

> search the list archives of samba-users for my name, I posted a patch to
> winbindd a couple of years ago that solved this problem for me back then.

Thank you very much for the reply!!

I found your patch but it worries me that there is such a glaring bug
in winbindd and that it's been there for four years. One of the goals
of the Samba project is to replace Windows servers, but in this case
3.0 fails to do something that 2.2 did -- something I consider basic
functionality. But maybe using Samba as a member server in a Windows
domain is something that not very many people do?