[Samba] Cant connect to samba server

indgirl 6 freecyclekav at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 21 15:13:37 GMT 2005

i dont think i am using WINS. I have tried putting the entry of samba server into the locan lmhosts file but of no consequence.

Also i restart the smb and nbm service after any change i make, be it on the windows side or linux / samba side.

Please advice.

TBMDF <support at tbmdf.com> wrote:

On Mar 21, 2005, at 6:31 AM, indgirl 6 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I can ping to the server form windows machine, and vice versa. I can
> even telnet to server form windows machine. PLease tell me what other
> check i should do.

Do you have WINS running? canyou see the server in the Net Hood? try
using a hosts/lmhosts file temporarily on the workstations.