[Samba] Winbind, pam_mkhomedir.so problem with long usernames

Schlomo Schapiro samba at schlomo.schapiro.org
Sun Mar 20 19:54:37 GMT 2005

Hi,

read the recent thread on vampire, there we discussed the question,
if usernames with spaces work on Linux. For example useradd "hello world"
won't work on any Linux system around me here (various SuSE). So maybe you
just have bad luck (sorry to tell you, but having usernames with spaces
can be only a MS invention) ? Or maybe you can use the username map feature to
map Jon Doe to Jon_Doe in Samba ? Or maybe write a patch to do that on a lower
level ?

Regards,
Schlomo

--