[Samba] samba frond-end (load balancing)

vmoravek at atlas.cz vmoravek at atlas.cz
Sat Mar 19 21:14:47 GMT 2005

Hi All,

I work on HA samba project for my company=2E My plan is use some samba =
server like front-ends with remotely storage mouted by nfs to this serv=
ers=2E=20

Questions:

1) I read some information about this in official Samba HOW-TO, but i s=
till don't know if this solution is posible or not??

2) and which software or hardware must be use for balancing?

3) May I use dns for load balancig ( I think not, but I'm not sure)

4) Excuse me for my bad english and thanks for your time=2E

Look on picture (hope this will ok after send :) )

            ----------------
            | LoadBalancing |
            -----------------

   -----------------------------------
   |             |         |         |
|  smb |     |  smb |  |  smb |  |  smb |

             | storage       |

Best Regards
Vojtech Moravek