[Samba] smbpasswd to LDAP

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Fri Mar 18 15:01:09 GMT 2005

>>>mess.  My question is Shouldn't I somehow be able to insert samba passwords
>>>

>>into
>>

>>>the LDAP database and move on?  Or is it just past that point now?
>>>

>>Well, you can do one of two things, as I see it:
>>1. Try to run pdbedit with import/export flags and point it at your
>>password file.  Note that I don't know what this will do with existing
>>entries' data.
>>

>Will not work.  All user passwords are already in LDAP in the current server.

I don't think I was clear here, I didn't say to point it at your
smbpasswd file, instead I said passsword file.  You already stated that
you didn't have the windows passwords in LDAP so there shouldn't be any
overlap there.  My concern was how it would handle if you had somehow
gotten the sambaSamAccount objectClass on the users already.

--
Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.