[Samba] Password Generator

David Landgren landgren at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 09:15:05 GMT 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:45:05 +0100 (CET), Tony Earnshaw
<tonye at billy.demon.nl> wrote:

> Aaron J. Zirbes:
>
> > Are you suggesting you wish to generate easily crackable passwords for
> > all your users?  I would strongly advise against this.  How soon do you
> > want your systems broken into?
> >
> > I would suggest you assign fully randomized passwords (mixed-case +
> > numbers and characters), and then set a strict password requirements on
> > your domain controller and workstations.  Then make sure your users change
> > their passwords on their first logon to something they can remember.
>
> So you never heard of APG and never heard of shell/awk scripting and never
> heard of LDAP. Learn about them, before posting such nonsense again.

Jeeze Tony, you spread your good humour and grace every where you go, don't you?

The OP was asking the question because he didn't know of such things,
and was seeking advice. We were all clueless newbies once. This is a
very high traffic list: please engage your brain before posting such
nonsense again.

David