[Samba] 3.0.11 and KB828741 password bug

Dave Marshall dave.marshall at cspencerltd.co.uk
Thu Mar 17 17:05:48 GMT 2005

Hello,

I'm having troubles with what I'm quite positive was the bug related to
the MS KB828741 hotfix that was fixed in samba 3.0.4, but I'm running
3.0.11, i think....

[root at pdc root]# smbd --version
Version 3.0.11
[root at pdc root]#

If I remove the Hotfix on my workstation, I can change my password.
Re-install it and I get the "domain not found error" when trying to
change the password. Is it possible my configuration could still be
causing this?

[global]
  smb passwd file = /usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
  passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
*successfully*
  domain master = yes
  encrypt passwords = yes
  passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u