[Samba] Samba and LDAP Base DN

Misty Stanley-Jones misty at borkholder.com
Wed Mar 16 15:57:15 GMT 2005

Right now, I have all of my Samba stuff under ou=corp,dc=mycompany,dc=com.  I
have it this way because there used to also be ou=furn,dc=mycompany,dc=com
with a different domain.  Now that I only have one domain, I would like to
move everything to dc=mycompany,dc=com.  So I copy all of the subentries of
ou=corp (ou=computers, ou=people, ou=grooups, and the sambaDomainName
entries) to dc=mycompany,dc=com.  I change the /etc/ldap.conf files to all
point to the new OU.  Perfect.  However when I change the baseDN in my
smb.conf, all of a sudden I cannot authenticate.  Even when doing smbcontrol
smbd reload-config.  The only thing I can figure is that it might be doing a
'sub' search and finding two entries for my user, because I left the
'ou=corp' DN as it was.  Is it that, or is there something else I have to do
in order to restructure my LDAP tree?

TIA,
Misty