[Samba] connecting to win2k3 server, privileges. {OCC Scanned}

trevor allett tallett at occ.ac.uk
Wed Mar 16 13:43:30 GMT 2005

Hi list,
I am using OS X and I want to connect to a windows 2003 server, or
rather I want students to connect to  the server and be able to see
their files, I can see all the home Dirs of the students but I am  a
domain admin, the students are not and "see" nothing. Is there something
I can consider?
this works perfectly;
smb://myusername:mypassword@server/students/student_folder
this does not;
smb://studentusername:studentpassword@server/students/student_folder
all the student gets is a load of white space. Might the problem be
something to do with the fact that there is ore that one share on the
server or does my problem and solution lie in the dark recesses of the
MS AD.

cheers -t

--
Trevor Allett.
IT Services - Banbury Campus

--
Notice: The contents of this message are confidential and
may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended

This message has been scanned at the Oxford and Cherwell
College email gateway using MailScanner (www.mailscanner.info)
and is believed to be free of viruses and dangerous content.
You are advised, however, to carry out your own checks before
opening any attachment(s).