[Samba] samba pdc + winbind possible ?

Collen collen at zeist.hermanjordan.nl
Wed Mar 16 22:11:14 GMT 2005

Hmm strainge problem occured..
i fired up winbind, and adjusted the pam files and all.
but now i get "plain-text authentication for user DOCENT returned
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED (PAM: 4)" and ofcoz' the login is denied !!

what worries me is that, i'd got an imap & http server running (on an
other machine) and the pam/winbind works as a charm there (auth agains
this pdc server)
but when used localy that error pop's up, also we don't use plain-text
passwords and all..
so i need a differend smb.conf for the winbind, then for the pdc (still
same computer) ??
does someone have a clue where it goes wrong ?

Greetings
Collen