[Samba] a request for a doc to get acl's working....

mourik jan c heupink heupink at intech.unu.edu
Wed Mar 16 12:55:44 GMT 2005

>Did you set all the privileges as documented in the new chapter in the
>Samba-HOWTO-Collection (Chapter 13) - see:
>http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf
>
>An example of application of the privileges is given in section 6.6.4 in the
>Samba-Guide. See: www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-Guide.pdf
>

>>   Does anyone have a list of requirements, or a document describing how
>>   to realise this?
>>

>Yes! I do. I'd like to see you offer updates to the existing documentation and
>avoid (like the plague) creation of yet another howto (YAH!).

Ok. Been buzy with various after-migration issues... :)
I followed the idealx howto, because I use their scripts. However, I
will follow your steps, and see if that works.

And I will (if I can) offer updates to the docs.

Anyway: this week is our first week running samba, and all things seem
to work beautifully! (Thank God this mailinglist exists... Learned SO
much from all of you!)

Mourik Jan