[Samba] Samba 3.0.10 and ADS

Phil Foxton pfoxton at ebuyer.com
Wed Mar 16 10:45:15 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 14:54 +0530, ankush grover wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 08:03:42 +0000, Phil Foxton <pfoxton at ebuyer.com>
wrote:
> > I am having a bit of a problem and hope someone on here can help (if
it
> > has been covered already please feel free to point me in the right
> > direction - I have searched and searched but found nothing!)

> Hey,
>
>  i don't know what kind of setup you want, I have a setup in my
> company consisting of linux and windows pcs.I have created a samba
> server (debian) with security = domain and password server = win2k3
> domain server.Before joining the win2k3 domain i created all the
> windows users on the samba server but not as samba users but as normal
> linux users.

I don't want to have to have the administration over head of creating
users on 2 boxes.  What I am aiming for is the following:

The ADS box acts as DC from the AD, only authenticating users and
nothing else.

All file and print shares are stored on the linux box, including user
profiles etc.

Regards

Phil
--