[Samba] Can XP Home really Samba ?

Venkata Avasarala avasaralak at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 18:08:01 GMT 2005

Hi,
    To get around the probelm of Firewall, I disabled firewall on the
WLAN interface and stopped the firewall service. I also stopped the
McAfee firewall service.
On a related issue, I am using ethereal to capture packets. It shows
packets from the Linux box. I want to know whether the packets
captured are before hitting the firewall or are they captured after
passing thourgh the firewall (I am assuming that they are before the
firewall, straight off the interface). I have flushed the iptables on
the Linux box just to be sure.
-Venkata.