[Samba] Can XP Home really Samba ?

Venkata Avasarala avasaralak at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 15:26:23 GMT 2005

Hi,
    Do I need a WINS server in a Workgroup ? I was going through the
Samba Reference and it says that the same Samba installation cannot
funtion as a WINS server. However, if XP home can work as a client and
WINS server I will try it today .
Moreoevr, I am giving the IP address of the server on which the share
is present. I was under the impression that WINS is just for name to
IP resolution.
Thanks,
-Venkata.