[Samba] Clock skew too great | joining ADS

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Tue Mar 15 15:00:55 GMT 2005

>If I try directly with krb :
>borealis:/var/lib/samba# kinit Administrator at NT1.LOCAL
>Password for Administrator at NT1.LOCAL:
>kinit(v5): Clock skew too great while getting initial credentials

Have you tried to sync your clocks with a central source?  Do you run
ntp?  Accurate timekeeping becomes very important with all the various
protocols running around out there.  Dynamic DNS likes it, Kerberos,
I've run into atleast a couple extra ones too that I can't remember.

--
Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.