[Samba] Cannot view mounted Windows-2003-Server share

Fabian Heß fabian.hess at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 12:35:35 GMT 2005

Hello, this is my first time using the Samba mailing list.

I've got a problem mounting a share on an Mandrake 10.1 machine.
The share is on a Windows 2003 Server.

With "mount -t smbfs //server/share /mountingpoint" it worked well with
Mandrake 10.0. Once upgraded to 10.1, there are no error messages when
mounting from shell, but when trying to access the mount directory in Konqueror
for example, there is no such mount directory! If I umount the share,
the directory
is there again...
I've been struggling with this for days now, and I need help now.

Anybody got an idea?

Thanks, Fabian