[Samba] please help....

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Mon Mar 14 19:58:12 GMT 2005

> It's causing me quite a bit of a headache. I tried the sam_ignoredomain
> but that doesn't seem to work. Is there any way to make it try just the
> username and only try DOMAIN+username if username doesn't exist???

How is your nsswitch.conf set up?  If it's something like this

passwd:     files winbind ldap
shadow:     files winbind ldap
group:      files winbind ldap

you could always reverse the order of ldap and winbind.  Just a stab in
the dark since I don't run winbind here, but it would stand to reason
that it could work the other way.

--
Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.