[Samba] Network drive disconnects with XP

ralphkmuench at bluewin.ch ralphkmuench at bluewin.ch
Fri Mar 11 19:52:40 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have a SUSE 9.2 samba network drive server and connect with
a Windows 98 PC and a Windows XP PC in a local network.

When I leave the XP on over night it seems that the drive gets
disconnected. The 98 PC can run for weeks and does never get
disconnected. Lately, I can not even connect again with the
XP and it says that the drive is already under use.

Is there a way to solve this problem? It is causing considerable
difficulties not being able to connect with the XP machine.

Thanks in advance.

Ralph