[Samba] Excel File Open Issue - Possibly Samba Related

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Mar 11 01:59:20 GMT 2005

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 09:54:29AM -0500, klubarpop wrote:
> We were having the same problem with Excel ... Different version of Samba.
> Applying a fix detailed in MS KB # 324491 solved the problem for us.  (We
> use Office 11 although the fix talks about Office 10  -- Office 11 = Office
> 2003  Office 10 = Office XP for those who don't keep up with such things.)
>
> Do a search for QFE_Saskatchewan for the registry key.  Anyone have any idea
> why the key is named Saskatchewan?
>
> Hope this helps
> Ken Lubar

Ok - I think I may have fixed this in the current SVN code in SAMBA_3_0
without needing the strange registry keys.

I'm looking for people willing to test this before the 3.0.12 release.

Please give ths code a test and give me some feedback. I can't reproduce
the problem here with Office 2003 and the latest SAMBA_3_0 SVN code.

Jeremy.