[Samba] Samba PDC- Administrator translated to root

Ezsra McDonald ezsra_mcdonald at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 10 21:21:21 GMT 2005

Greetings,

I have a mostly working Samba Primary Domain
Contoller. I have one last problem to work out.

When I try to connect as Administrator I get the
follwoing message:

# smbclient -L localhost -UAdministrator%SOMEPW
session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

I watch the ldap logs and see that samba is requesting
the following filter:

filter: (&(uid=root)(objectClass=sambaSamAccount))

I assume this is because the PDC Administrator user is
assigned uidnumber=0 which is also the UNIX root
user's UID.

I am betting this is something simple that I am
overlooking. Any help is appreciated.

SYSTEM INFO:

    LDAP SERVER: Redhat Enterpris 3.4
                 openldap-2.0.27-17