[Samba] How to assign Administrator's rights?

John Schmerold john at katy.com
Thu Mar 10 19:59:40 GMT 2005

All our enduser computers use the same password for their administrator
password in localgroup

We copy cpua from http://joeware.net/win to a public directory on the
server.

In our login scripts I put the following line:
\\fs1\sys\public\cpau /profile /u administrator /p pw /ex "net
localgroup administrators %userdomain%\%username% /add"

This should get the job done for you.

Obviously the main drawback is that you are giving everyone
administrative rights & local machines are insecure as a result.

--
John Schmerold
Katy Computer & Wireless