[Samba] ntlm_auth

Javier Jiménez Díaz jijimenez at sgi.es
Thu Mar 10 19:18:33 GMT 2005

Hi all,
	I don´t have much experience with Samba so I would like to apologize in
advance if I talk about very simple things. I've got a freeradius 1.0.1
server running fine with OpenLDAP on a RedHat 9.0 and now I would like to
authenticate against an Active Directory. I can do it with TLS, but when I
try to do it with PEAP, it doesn works. I read about it and found out that
should be put on radiusd.conf something with ntlm_auth. When I execute
ntlm_auth get:

[root]# ntlm_auth --username=javi2 --domain=aamm.sgi.es
password:
NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO: NT_STATUS_CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO
(0xc00000da)

At this point I think that the most important thing is configuring Samba.
After this I´ve readed that the server should be joined to the domain but
when I try the command:

[root]#net join
[2005/03/10 18:40:16, 0] param/loadparm.c:map_parameter(2446)
  Unknown parameter encountered: "host allow"
[2005/03/10 18:40:16, 0] param/loadparm.c:lp_do_parameter(3142)
  Ignoring unknown parameter "host allow"
root's password:
[2005/03/10 18:40:19, 0] libads/kerberos.c:ads_kinit_password(146)
  kerberos_kinit_password root at AAMM.SGI.ES failed: Cannot find KDC for
requested realm
[2005/03/10 18:40:19, 0] utils/net_ads.c:ads_startup(186)
  ads_connect: Cannot find KDC for requested realm

Unable to find a suitable server

Unable to find a suitable server

Does anybody knows what should I do to configure samba? How can I join the
server?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Gracias por su colaboracion.