[Samba] To anyone successfully using NT ACLs with Samba

Alan.Wood at nokia.com Alan.Wood at nokia.com
Thu Mar 10 17:41:16 GMT 2005

Hi Thomas,

 Do you have winbind in the nsswitch?

Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: samba-bounces+alan.wood=nokia.com at lists.samba.org
[mailto:samba-bounces+alan.wood=nokia.com at lists.samba.org]On Behalf Of
ext Thomas Boutell
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 2:04 PM
To: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: [Samba] To anyone successfully using NT ACLs with Samba

When you re-open the properties of an existing file or
directory with ACLs set on it from a Windows workstation, do
you see the usernames and group names properly? Or do you see
SIDs in the dialog box as I do? Just gathering data. If you are
seeing usernames and group names properly I'd love to see
your smb.conf file. In my case, the Samba server is an
AD domain member.

--
Thomas Boutell
Boutell.Com, Inc.