[Samba] Print spool icon in systray reports jobs pending when none are pending

Bill Arlofski waa-samba at revpol.com
Thu Mar 10 16:45:27 GMT 2005

I have an issue I'd like to resolve with a client and the print spool
icon in the systray...

If the user (on w2k) mouses over the print spool icon, it tells them
"xxx jobs in queue" or some such, and the xxx increments once for each
new print job they send.

Also, the print spool icon never disappears from the systray until a
reboot, or re-login. Once a job is sent to one of the samba-served
printers, the spool icon reappears with symptoms noted above.

Any ideas?  Using Samba 3.0.9 and cups. This is happening for all users.

I checked the changelog from 3.0.9 to 3.0.11 and didn't find anything
relating to this specific issue, but plan upgrading soon hust the same.

Thanks

Bill Arlofski
waa-samba at revpol.com