[Samba] Privileges problem

Jean-Jacques Moulis jj at isy.liu.se
Thu Mar 10 11:29:22 GMT 2005

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 11:52:06 -0600 Cesar Sanabria Pineda <csanab at ife.org.mx> wrote:

CSP> Hi!!!
CSP>
CSP> I'm trying to implement a SUS server (local windows update)
CSP>
CSP> I-ve already solved my problem to modify registry in order to establish
CSP> windows update configuration.
CSP>
CSP> Now i've a quiestion all my client logon my samba PDC enusing a
CSP> netconfig.pol isend all configuration everithing works ok. But i've a
CSP> trouble, my users don't have privileges to install anything  and i don't
CSP> want to give them privileges. So is there another way to update my
CSP> system , i mean something like sudo o something like that in order to
CSP> get privileges and install updates?
CSP>
CSP> Or is there another way to do that?

Why not rely on the automatic update?

When making the NTConfig.pol:

In                  Configure automatic updating
choose:            4 - Auto download and schedule the install

You can be kind to users and have a question asked before the probable reboot.

Choose: No auto-restart for scheduled Automatic Updates installations

This is what we are using and it works without users having any kind of privileges.

--
Jean-Jacques   Moulis                              Tel:  (013) 281684
ISY                                                Fax:  (013) 139282
Linköping University                            E-mail: jj at isy.liu.se
581 83 Linköping