[Samba] Re: LDAP mailing list for ldapsam people

Steve Zeng szeng at mainframe.ca
Wed Mar 9 17:59:15 GMT 2005

Tony,

It is very impressive that you installed successfully Samba and
OpenLDAP. I am working on Samba + OpenLDAP integration. So I have a few
questions for you.

1) Samba need computer account to be ended as $, however, with LDAP as a
host name service, $ is not working. How do you design your ou=Computers
or ou=Hosts subtree to solve this problem?

2) You did not use smbldap-tools, then what do you use to migrate NIS
passwd and group and hosts into LDAP?

Thanks a lot.

Steve

--