[Samba] AIX/Samba vs. Large Files

Cameron Hanover chanover at umich.edu
Wed Mar 9 13:53:49 GMT 2005

/etc/security/limits has fsize at -1, and i've used chuser to make sure
all the users are set the same [some were created before I figured that
part out].

Unfortunately, I didn't set up anything on this machine initially, I'm
just trying to figure it out after the fact.  [I've run linux servers,
so they thought I could do AIX administration.]

Anyway, it looks like you may be on to something:
/dev/lv01       --         /ancept                jfs   41156608 rw
    yes  no
   (lv size: 41156608, fs size: 41156608, frag size: 4096, nbpi: 4096,
compress: no, bf: false, ag: 8)

What's weird, though, is scp can copy a 1296MB file to that mount, but
Samba can't.  Is there a way I can set bf=true without losing all the
data on it?

-c.

So shines a good deed in a weary world.