[Samba] server smbd[23036]: Unable to get jobs for ipp://localhost/printers/[printer-n

Bjørn-Sverre Nøttum bsnottum at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 9 13:22:50 GMT 2005

Hallo!

Sorry for posting this two times - I forgot the subject!!

I am running samba 3.01012 on a fc2 server. I have problems with samba/ cups
for some of my printers, and samba is filling up /var/log/messages with the
following lines:

-printing/print_cups.c:cups_queue_get(900)
-server smbd[23036]:   Unable to get jobs for
ipp://localhost/printers/[printer-name] - client-error-not-found

The printers work, however, but printing is rather slow.

Has anyone found a solution to this problem. I have been googling around
and found that the problem is well known, but I have not found any
solutions.

Thanks!

Bjrorn