[Samba] Logon script

Jean-Jacques Moulis jj at isy.liu.se
Wed Mar 9 08:23:10 GMT 2005

On Tue,  8 Mar 2005 11:43:08 -0600 csanab at ife.org.mx wrote:

> Hi, i'm having roubles with samba as PDC, i want to modify some registry keys
> (relates with windows update) in  XP & 2000 clients. I've tryed logons scripts
> but  it seems that i don have enough permissions to do that, so i tried to do a
> ntconfig.pol but when the client logs on domain y just get the file
> (ntconfig.pol) and any changes are made.
>
> So how can i modify windows registry keys?
>
> Thanks

Go the ntconfig.pol way !
I assure you it works.

Use poledit from W2k to create the NTConfig.pol
Use the joined adm file.

After installation of ntconfig.pol in the netlogon share
the changes are applied in HKLM Software\Policies
the first time somebody logon on a client machine.

you can check with regedit.

Reboot the machine and the changes are in effect.

I'm using the same method to configure the XP firewall.

-------------------SUS.ADM-------------------

Go the ntconfig.pol way !
I assure you it works.

Use poledit from W2k to create the NTConfig.pol
Use the joined adm file.

After installation of ntconfig.pol in the netlogon share
the changes are applied in HKLM Software\Policies
the first time somebody logon on a client machine.

you can check with regedit.

Reboot the machine and the changes are in effect.

I'm using the same method to configure the XP firewall.

CLASS MACHINE

CATEGORY "Windows Components"

 CATEGORY "Windows Update"
	KEYNAME "Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU"

	POLICY "Configure Automatic Updates"
	   	VALUENAME "NoAutoUpdate"
       	VALUEOFF NUMERIC 1
		VALUEON NUMERIC 0

		PART "Configure automatic updating:" DROPDOWNLIST REQUIRED
		   VALUENAME "AUOptions"
		   ITEMLIST
			NAME "2 - Notify for download and notify for install"	VALUE NUMERIC	2
			NAME "3 - Auto download and notify for install"			VALUE NUMERIC	3 DEFAULT
			NAME "4 - Auto download and schedule the install"		VALUE NUMERIC	4
		   END ITEMLIST
		END PART

		PART "The following settings are only required" TEXT
		END PART

		PART "and applicable if 4 is selected." TEXT
		END PART

		PART "Scheduled install day: " DROPDOWNLIST REQUIRED
		   VALUENAME "ScheduledInstallDay"
		   ITEMLIST
			NAME "0 - Every day"			VALUE NUMERIC	0 DEFAULT
			NAME "1 - Every Sunday"			VALUE NUMERIC	1
			NAME "2 - Every Monday"			VALUE NUMERIC	2
			NAME "3 - Every Tuesday"		VALUE NUMERIC	3
			NAME "4 - Every Wednesday"		VALUE NUMERIC	4
			NAME "5 - Every Thursday"		VALUE NUMERIC	5
			NAME "6 - Every Friday"			VALUE NUMERIC	6
			NAME "7 - Every Saturday"		VALUE NUMERIC	7
		   END ITEMLIST
		END PART

		PART "Scheduled install time:" DROPDOWNLIST REQUIRED
		   VALUENAME "ScheduledInstallTime"
		   ITEMLIST
			NAME "00:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	0
			NAME "01:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	1
			NAME "02:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	2
			NAME "03:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	3 DEFAULT
			NAME "04:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	4
			NAME "05:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	5
			NAME "06:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	6
			NAME "07:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	7
			NAME "08:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	8
			NAME "09:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	9
			NAME "10:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	10
			NAME "11:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	11
			NAME "12:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	12
			NAME "13:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	13
			NAME "14:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	14
			NAME "15:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	15
			NAME "16:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	16
			NAME "17:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	17
			NAME "18:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	18
			NAME "19:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	19
			NAME "20:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	20
			NAME "21:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	21
			NAME "22:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	22
			NAME "23:00"	VALUE NUMERIC	23
		   END ITEMLIST
		END PART

	END POLICY

	POLICY "Use corporate SUS server instead of Windows Update"

		KEYNAME "Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate"

		ACTIONLISTON
			KEYNAME "Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU"
			VALUENAME "UseWUServer" 	VALUE NUMERIC 1
		END ACTIONLISTON

		PART "Set the intranet update service for detecting updates:"	EDITTEXT 	REQUIRED
		  VALUENAME "WUServer"
		END PART

		PART "Set the intranet statistics server:"	EDITTEXT 	REQUIRED
		  VALUENAME "WUStatusServer"
		END PART

		Part "(example: http://IntranetUpd01)" TEXT
		END PART

	END POLICY

	POLICY "Reschedule Automatic Updates scheduled installations"

		KEYNAME "Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU"

		PART "Wait after system startup(minutes): " NUMERIC REQUIRED
			VALUENAME "RescheduleWaitTime"
			MIN 1
			MAX 60
			DEFAULT 5
		END PART

	END POLICY

	POLICY "No auto-restart for scheduled Automatic Updates installations"

	KEYNAME "Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU"

	  	VALUENAME "NoAutoRebootWithLoggedOnUsers"
	  	VALUEON  NUMERIC 1
	  	VALUEOFF NUMERIC 0

	END POLICY

 END CATEGORY

END CATEGORY

Jean-Jacques   Moulis                              Tel:  (013) 281684
ISY                                                Fax:  (013) 139282
Linköping University                            E-mail: jj at isy.liu.se
581 83 Linköping