[Samba] Please Help me

ankush grover ankushmailing at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 07:54:09 GMT 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 12:01:51 +0530, Bhargav <bhargav at forteitbrains.info> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I want help to access my window machine from linux machine , with samba
> server configure  on it.
>
> Linux - 192.168.0.2 - with samba server
>
> Windows 2000 - 192.168.0.1 - with share directory \\FORTEIT\linux_map
> <file:///\\FORTEIT\linux_map>
>
> I already create one directory /mnt/share .. ok..
>
> Now I want to mount /mnt/share to \\FORTEIT\linux_map
> <file:///\\FORTEIT\linux_map>  ... using smbmount command
>
> So , I can copy files from linux to windows 2000 machine .( want to
> automate the process ..)
>
> Please guide me for the same..
>
> Waiting for your positive reply.
>
> Email id ::: bhargavmca at yahoo.com , bhargav at forteitbrains.info
>
>  Have A Nice Time..

Hey ,

 For mounting the windows drive on linux you have to use mount command

mount -t smbfs //windows machine name/share directory  /mnt/share -o
user=windows user

then it will ask for the password.give the password of the windows user

If you want to kept it forever

edit /etc/fstab file and add an entry

//windowsmahcine name/share folder     /mnt/share    smbfs
credentials=  /etc/.smb           0 0

in /etc/.smb file give this

username = windows username
password = windows user password

you can give any file means against /etc/.smb file but make sure that
permissions for that  are 600 .

like this ,you can  also make a file like this  /etc//home/bhargav/.smb

Regards

Ankush

and make