[Samba] NT Domain to Samba-LDAP just disabling netlogon on NT PDC?

Paul Coray paul.coray at unibas.ch
Tue Mar 8 10:27:45 GMT 2005

Hi group

Quick question before I switch my domain from NT4 PDC to Samba-LDAP:
Can I leave the old NT-PDC in my subnet, if I just disable it's netlogon
service?

Reason: This old NT-Server has a database running which is still needed
after the migration to samba, but it doesn't need to have any
NETBIOS-NTDomain functionality after the switch, just TCP-IP.

I know of third-party tools like UPromote, but if I can avoid them, I
think this is a much easier and transparent way of doing it.

Thanks for comments
Paul

--
Paul Coray
Administrator Server und Netzwerk

Oeffentliche Bibliothek der Universitaet Basel
EDV-Abteilung
Schoenbeinstrasse 18-20
CH-4056 Basel

Tel: +41 61 267 05 13